How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1262
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope you can help me. I drafted a letter requesting a leave of absence

Customer Question

I hope you can help me. I drafted a letter requesting a leave of absence for personal reasons. I said that some unfortunate circumstances have effected certain aspects of my life, work included.
My employer wants the extenuating circumstances without going into too much detail. I don't know how to respond
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. I guess the first thing that I need is to know what the extenuating circumstances are, and why you don't know what to say of them. Can you explain please? This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suffer from chronic depression. Right now I am in a flare up and the stress I experience makes it extremely difficult to work. I don't want to disclose that. I am covered under AB2222 for 1-2 days a month only, for the same reason. They do not know the reason why I need the accomodation, just that I am unable to work
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I think that we need to speak by phone as your situation is a bit complex and too personal to leave online here. All you need to do is accept my offer of a call and I can then call you.Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you anyways
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.Doug
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. Maybe I can help -- not sure. I tend to agree that the subject matter of your question may be too sensitive for this forum. If your issue is cost, then I may be able to remedy that issue. I will send you a different additional services request. You may accept or decline at your convenience.

Related California Employment Law Questions