Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My job is stressing me out I need to see a doctor. What do

Customer Question

My job is stressing me out I need to see a doctor. What do I do? I want my employer to send me to a doctor what can I do ?
What are my rights
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California
I see. That would be a separate category (California employment law) which I am not an expert in. I will opt out and allow other experts to assist you further. Please be patient as I get the category changed and other experts have an opportunity to lock onto the question to assist you further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take your time. I know my stress is job related. Can they deny me medical help
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Different attorney here, please permit me to assist you.
If you believe that your stress is job related, then your recourse is to file a claim for workers compensation. This is a special kind of insurance that all employers are required by law to carry in CA. Basically, it covers the cost of your medical expenses and any losses of income you suffer as a result of a work-related injury.
This pamphlet contains all the information you need to get your workers compensation claim started: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides/iwguide01.pdf It is also worth noting that your employer is legally prohibited from retaliating against you as a result of your workers comp claim (see Labor Code 132a). So, any adverse employment action you might experience as a result of such claim will give rise to an entirely separate claim for damages. Certainly not saying this will happen, but just letting you know that you are protected if it does.
I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Hello again,
I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.
Very best wishes.