Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have filed an appeal and have an appeals

Customer Question

I have filed an appeal for unemployment and have an appeals hearing date scheduled. If I find a job before the appeals hearing date, am I still eligible to collect unemployment for the time period that I was without work?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
The answer here is a simple "yes." If your claim is approved, unemployment benefits will typically be paid retroactive to the date you filed up until the date that you no longer qualify for benefits. The fact that your benefits may not yet be "paid" by the time you find a new job doesn't mean you are disqualified from receiving them. You still will.
I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.