LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I am not clear if this situation falls under the "constructively

Customer Question

Hello
I am not clear if this situation falls under the "constructively dismissed" definition and if you can clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Here's my situation. I was hired to oversee and improve; Ocean Imports, Transportation, and Warehouse/Distribution services. However, I wasn't given any true authorization to make changes. As a Regional Vice President of the West Coast I would assume any hiring and termination decisions would not require the approval of my boss but it did and still does.
I am currently the Vice President of Logistics for North America and I am constantly being ignored by my boss as to the authority level of my position. I cannot make any business decisions, I can't hire management staff that is required to successfully operate my area of operation. I have an immediate need for a Distribution Manager and have been since the end of March. I had 2 qualified candidates lined up. She interviewed the candidates and dismissed them both. One of the candidates worked for a company that we do business with so she contacted the CEO directly and got a reference. The candidate provided references just not the CEO. The CEO did not give the candidate a glowing endorsement.
I am at a cross road. I didn't up root my family and move them across the country to be basically a tie person. I have over 18 years of experience in my field and have proven success in turning operations around and becoming profitable, I am just not being given the opportunity to do what I was hired to do.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. I am very sorry to hear about this frustrating lack of control at work. However, I am unclear as to what your actual question is. What is it that you would like to know exactly?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.