LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have been working current US company (with

Customer Question

Hello, I have been working for my current US company (with Canadian presence), since 2001. I am in Windsor/Ontario and commute when needed to Detroit/US. My contract was in $US and I have been paid since the beginning in the converted equivalent in $CA. The company is now reviewing my salary and wants to switch to a $CA base, but with a rate that is lower than these days rate (basically last year's rate + a 3% increase), which is basically a pay cut for more than 12%. Is this something allowed, and what are my options? Also if they breach the contract, am I still bound to the non-compete agreement in it? Thanks a lot.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a question of performance or anything... My last year performance was 4 out of 5 and got a 20% bonus...
Expert:  retireddebra replied 1 year ago.
Does the contract provide for what law applies, that is Ontario law or US law?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company Wilcox Associates Inc. was bought by another company Hexagon Metrology (more than 7 years ago) and kept the same name...
I will ask the site to move this to the US employment law list for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot wait more... I have to leave. I'd like to cancel the request for a phone call