LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I am a registered nurse and have been at my current job for

Customer Question

I am a registered nurse and have been at my current job for over 9 years. I have acted as a charge nurse for over 8 of those years and recently have been taken out of that role for 4 months and when placed back in that role It was for less shifts then previous I'm wondering if there are any laws that protect me from this unfair treatment from my employer there is no reason for the demotion I received a excellent review last year and have no dissaplinary actions against me!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Do you have a contract that the employer may be breaching? Do you have any reason to believe you may have been discriminated against on the basis of your race, age (40 or older), gender, disability, or other protected status?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.