Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I am 63 yrs old and have been a Lic.Vocational Nurse

Customer Question

I am 63 yrs old and have been a Lic.Vocational Nurse for 25 years working Behavioral Health.I have been with my present employer since March 2002.In February 2014 I was transferred to a full-time position from the per diem position I held in the Behavioral Health Unit since my hire date.Soon after my transfer to full-time I began to get canceled for my shift on a regular basis even as other younger newly hired and inexperienced Lvn's in my unit worked regularly.This has continued to happen until now.I complained to my supervisors and the HR dept. and they stated it is the Hospitals practice to adjust my seniority to the bottom of the seniority list since my status changed to full-time despite the fact that my union contract states I cannot lose my seniority.Do I have any legal remedies for my situation since my Union reps. will not help me?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps you are being discriminated against based upon you rage. You could seek a local employment law attorney for guidance and see if there is a case that could be filed.
Here is a link to California employment lawyers that would be willing to evaluate and possibly represent you with no upfront costs to you: https://www.cela.org/
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.