LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I am a former executive of DocuSign. On February 13, 2015,

Customer Question

I am a former executive of DocuSign. On February 13, 2015, I scheduled to sell my shares through SharesPost (as other employees had). I was given the brokers name by a colleague at DocuSign.
DocuSign would not approve my sale since they "claim" they didn’t know about my "sale"* and were moving all secondary sales to the NASDAQ Private Market (NPM) on March 23, 2015.
*I sent a text and received a response from DocuSign's CFO telling him specifically on February 13th that I was selling.
SharesPost was still processing sales for DocuSign but only for current employees, even after the March 23, 2015 deadline. Even SharesPost reached out to DocuSign on March 17, 2015 requesting approval for sales (I was at the top of the list) and DocuSign didnt respond until March 27, 2015 AFTER the deadline had past. People on th elist BEHIND me did get thier sales through but I did not.
I sent DocuSign's CLO a copy of the text that I had with the DocuSign's CFO on February 13th and he asked to have a conference call.
I had the conference call with DocuSign's CLO on April 8, 2015 (I also had my wife on the call) and he told me that I would be able to sell once the NPM transition went through. "We are going to be allowing sales through NPM as they will only sell to long-term shareholders which benefits all of us".
The NPM tender offer window is now open (May 19th - June 17th) and once again, I have been denied the opportunity to sell (no former employees).
I need the money to pay my IRS AMT from the exercising of my DocuSign stock in 2014.
I have many emails from the CFO telling me "the tender will be at the end of June and I will make sure you can sell your stock". And now he says I cant.
1). I should be able to sell my stock
2). Have DocuSign reimburse me for IRS penalties and interest
3). Emotional Pain and Suffering to me and my family
4). Reimburse all legal fees
Please call me so we can set a time to meet in person.
Thank you,
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is my answer?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid you may have misunderstood what we can provide. We are not allowed by state law to engage in personal representation of anyone from this site, so if you need a local attorney, please use one of the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
I apologize for any confusion you had in regards ***** ***** are allowed to do by law. You can get a refund of any deposit by contacting customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help