Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I work a full time job that is physical, been doing it for

Customer Question

I work a full time job that is physical, been doing it for 35 years. I also have a part time 14hrs a week, that is for the most part a desk job. I am on sick leave from my long time job. Am I still allowed to collect sick leave from that job and still work the part time in my second job.
I am in calif and I am in the union with my full time job.
Thanks
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Thanks

Response: No. If you are on a sick leave, then you should not be working at another job. If you are off because you are sick, you cannot then turn around and work at another job while you are out sick on another job regardless of the nature of your work on both jobs.