Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

I am in the process of an appeal benefits. If UI code

Customer Question

I am in the process of an appeal for UI benefits. If UI code 1256 is one of the issues to be considered at the hearing, should I assume my former employer is stating I quit my job vs. being fired?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
If Section 1256 is being raised, it would typically suggest the employer is alleging that the employee was either terminated for good cause of voluntarily terminated their employment without good cause.
Here is a link to the code section for your reference:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=uic&group=01001-02000&file=1251-1265.9
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!