Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

In Fl dog bite case

In Fl dog bite case where Ins. Co. made promises to pay medical bills and now refuses, can bite victim sue insurance company based upon verbal contract? (Not sure why this came up under CA Employ. Law)

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, unfortunately, the verbal promises that were made wouldn't constitute a contract because nothing was given as consideration to the insurance company from the bite victim.

The bite victim can definitely sue the insurance company for bad faith for not paying on the valid insurance claim, but the bite victim wouldn't have a separate cause of action for breach of contract, I'm afraid.