socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Is California labor law anything similar to NY labor law?

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 months ago.
California labor law is extremely complicated. NY labor law is relatively simple by comparison. Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have something going on at work that I'm hoping will be resolved before I am forced to file an EEO complaint.

I am hard of hearing and I am in constant battle with my co-workers that I talk too loud and I can't help it and my Supervisor just plays along with the crowd and never has my back. I feel bullied and cry almost every day.

My audiologist is furious and wrote a letter reminding them of ADA violations and we're praying that will help. I was wondering whatto do about retaliation if any after all of this.

In which state are you actually employed (where do you work -- not where your employer is located)?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Federal Government :(

Your only option is to file an EEO complaint. California law does not apply to you -- neither does NY law. Ordinarily, California law would provide you with more protections than federal law. But, it's irrelevant. Your rights are entirely subject to federal law.

Once you file the complaint, if the retaliation continues, then that would give you grounds to file a retaliation complaint -- and then if you're ignored, you can sue your employing agency.

The EEO office is usually pretty patronizing. You have to fight your way through the BS, and make sure you have exhausted all administrative options. Otherwise, you cannot use the courts to resolve the matter.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful. And, thanks for using justanswer.com!
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Very helpful...quite honestly, it's what I thought!

Michelle

I wish you the best. Don't give up. You can prevail!
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)