Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

HELLO, I AM A NON-UNION ACTOR/MODEL AND I HAVE BEEN INVITED

HELLO,

I AM A NON-UNION ACTOR/MODEL AND I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO SIGN A ONE (1) YEAR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AGREEMENT WITH A TALENT AGENCY. I WOULD LIKE AN ATTORNEY TO LOOK OVER THE AGREEMENT AND ADVISE ME ON THE LANGUAGE IN THE CONTRACT AND WHAT RIGHTS I AM GIVING UP BY SIGNING.

THE CONTRACT IS FOUR (4) PAGES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN REVIEWING THE CONTRACT, PLEASE PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE I CAN SCAN THE DOCUMENT AND FORWARD TO YOU.

THANKS,

WILLIAM

CELL: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I can look at this for you. You can attach it through the paperclip icon. (It violates site rules to give out personal contact information, like email and phone numbers).

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachment: 2013-11-08_221521_pulliam_talent_agency_contract.pdf

Pease confirm that you have received an attached 4 page PDF of the Talent Agency Contract.

Thank you,

William E. Pulliam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you,

William E. Pulliam

Hello William,

Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the agreement, after what I state below.

You are giving up the opportunity to be represented by anyone other than this talent agent.

You are also agreeing to give them 20% of any money that you receive through their representation. (I believe this is a rather large percentage, as in general, I've heard that agents only take around 5% normally, although if this is your first contract, it could explain the larger percentage).

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.
If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers and DON’T receive anything unless you rate me positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph