Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My former employer is claiming that because they are a california

My former employer is claiming that because they are a california company if any issues arise out of non payment of a severance agreement that I must sign saying I am an Oregon employee. I oversee three companies and work and live in Cal.ifornia. I have an office in California. Is this true?

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you work and live in California, then you are a California employee. Regardless of what they may 'require' you to sign, you will be a California employee, and any issues arising out of the nonpayment of your severance agreement will be decided under California law.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the severance now a wage issue covered in DLSE? I have an amount and initial under that as well as a recording.