Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

Is an employee paid more by the Work Comp carrier when they

Is an employee paid more by the Work Comp carrier when they are off work for a Worker's comp injury than they would by paid by SDI State Disability Benefits?

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

An employee only receives 55 percent of his or her earnings while on social security disability.

A comparison cannot possibly be made without knowing the injury type, since if someone were paralyzed at work they would receive significantly more than someone who sprained an ankle and cannot walk temporarily. The percentage of disability and permanence of the disability are very significant.

Also, the two are mutually exclusive. SDI is only for injuries that occur OUTSIDE of work (or unrelated to work). And workers' compensation is for injuries that occurred while working or due to a work environment (stress, etc.).

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph