Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I have been told that I will not be offered a new contract

I have been told that I will not be offered a new contract when the current one expires and I ahve been told there is not a place for me in the new TV channel set up. Am I entitled to severance pay even though I have been on contract for the past 16 years?
Thank you

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Does your contract or any other agreement you have with your employer state that you will receive a severance package in the event that your contract is not renewed?
Unfortunately, there is nothing in the law that requires to give an employee any severance regardless of the length of service with a company.

So, unless, you had a contractual agreement that stated that you would receive severance, I'm afraid that you wouldn't have a cause of action against your employer for not giving you severance when deciding not to renew your contract.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!