dkaplun
dkaplun,
18572087

Well, with the wonderful help of Just Answers Legal advice, I managed

Well, with the wonderful help of Just Answers Legal advice, I managed to muster the courage to Whistle Blow on my boss. After 7 years of protecting her, covering for her, etc. I felt I could no longer subject myself to her wrong doings. It has caused me severe medical problems, i.e. anxiety and high blood pressure that I’ve been treated for the last 7 months. Last Thursday I was fired for saying during our staff meeting… “Paula, you are the meanest and most insensitive person I have ever met!” I could no longer tolerate her racial slurs, her inebriation at work, her constant berating and humiliation of other staff members in front of others, her embezzlement, the lack of concern for the safety for out patrons, the list goes on and on…

I met with my former boss’ boss, the Vice Chancellor of Business Services at a well-respected Community College in CA and had a VERY confidential and productive meeting. I gave him an outline of complaints (with the coaching of another “Just Answer” legal pro). Plenty of information for him to know that I could open this “case” WIDE OPEN to the public– something he very much would like to go away.

So, to make a long story short, I ended it with requesting a “Settlement Proposal” I told Mr. ________ I was prepared to terminate all legal action in exchange for the following:

1. One year’s severance ($50,000.00)
2. Reimbursement of recent deductions in salary ($7,500.00)
3. Letter of recommendation from Mr. _____, Vice Chancellor of Business Services at the “esteemed” Community College.

Here’s where I need your help AGAIN!

Can you put into “legal” terminology the following: I want it to appear that I have lawyered up.

Dear Mr. __

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me this morning on such short notice. I trust you felt our meeting was very productive and highly informative.

I would like to ask that you acknowledge in writing the “Settlement Proposal” I requested to terminate all legal action in exchange for the following:

1. One year’s severance ($50,000)
3. Letter of recommendation from you on behalf of FDC.

I look forward, once again to your professional help! Many thanks!
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There is no real requirement to turn this into 'legalese'. What you have written is sufficient--I am not simply stating that because it would be difficult to write this for you, there is no real need to do so. As they are the ones who will be writing up the proposal, you can directly sate what clauses or conditions you wish to be put in, and have them put in the actual language on your behalf.

Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really what I've been used to in terms of help from "Just Answer." A bit disappointed... so be it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just was hoping to have more "legal" sounding response to the person I was sending to an individual for an out of court settlement. Hey, I'm no legal expert and reallyyyy don't want to go down that path of suing, I guess I just want to bluff a bit but I DO feel I have a case. Thanks anyway