socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Is there a law in California that a employer is obligated to

Is there a law in California that a employer is obligated to grant time off for child visitation?

There is no law that directly requires an employer to grant an employee time for child visitation. There is a law that requires an employer grant up to 12 weeks unpaid leave to bond with a newborn or newly adopted child. 29 C.F.R. 825.120; 825.121. And, California provides up to six weeks of disability benefits for a parent who takes time off to bond with a newborn or newly adopted child. Unemp. Ins. Code 3300 et seq.

But, again, there is no direct law requiring an employer to grant time off to a parent simply to visit with a child.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful, or if I can be of further clarification or assistance.

And, thanks for using justanswer.com!