How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I answer a letter of "warning" from my employer and

This answer was rated:

How do I answer a letter of "warning" from my employer and fired from that job for what they say I wouldn't do that's false? Ken C.

Hello and welcome, Ken.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

What happened which led to you receiving a warning letter? You are a union employee? Have you filed a grievance with your union?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The BA for the union doesn't care about anything but himself. I feel if I want to get anything done I need to do it. I have worked for this emplyer since this incident. I don't want the letter in my file when it's completely false. All workers on this job agree with me.



Hello again, Ken.

Since you are a union employee, the bargaining agreement will typically set out the procedure for challenging any action by an employer, which normally includes filing a grievance about any action taken against an employee.

You indicate that you do not trust the union representatives and if you do not expect them to represent you fairly in any grievance, then it would typically be best to retain your own private attorney to assist you in this matter.

Since you indicate the statements placed in your file are false, you would typically draft a letter to the employer disputing the facts set out in the statement and setting out the facts as you know them with regard to the "incident" you refer to, but it is typically within an employer's discretion what to place in an employee's file.

Unless they are threatened with litigation through an attorney representing you, it is unlikely the employer will remove the document in question from your file normally.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!


Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.