Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

Tina; I still dont have the answer to my question which was

I still don't have the answer to my question which was "Do I need to carry workers comp insurance?" The question was not am I entitled to benefits? Can I get a yes or no answer to my original question?
Hello again and welcome,

My sincere apologies. I just reviewed our previous communication and it appears I misunderstood what you were asking.

If you are a sole proprietor and have no employees, you would not typically be required to carry worker's comp coverage in the state of CA. Some companies you work for may require liability insurance as a condition of working for them, but it is not typically required by the state if you are the only worker.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.