Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

For a part time employee is there a minimum hours they must

For a part time employee is there a minimum hours they must be paid?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

I'm not clear as to the nature of your question. You are wondering whether an employer must schedule an employee for a minimum number of hours?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The employee, if hired, would work 1.75 hours each Sunday during Church Service. My question is, what is the minimum number of hours this employee must be paid.

I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me, Amos.

The law does not typically impose a mimimum number of hours an employee must work, but does require that employees be paid for the actual hours they do work or are required to be on the employer's premises. Therefore, the employee should be paid for the entire 1.75 hours if that is how long they are required to be at the church. If they are needed for a longer period of time, then the additional time should typically be paid at the employee's regular rate.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.