LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

What forms/information are needed to employ minors in the entertainment

Customer Question

What forms/information are needed to employ minors in the entertainment industry? We will be obtaining the following:
1. an employment agreement (signed by minor and guardian, I understand that minors are not bound to contracts)
2. a coogan account authorization form
3. a California wage notice

Further, if a minor is legally emanciapted or not required to obtain a work permit (if they have completed the hs requirements), is the employer required to obtain proof of this from the employee?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,