Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was injured at work and my employer told me that THEY needed

Customer Question

I was injured at work and my employer told me that THEY needed to drive me to urgent care, told me to ask the doctor for "non-Prescription medications in order for me to return to work if I was assigned a modified work order from the doctor, also my foreman decided to walk into the room with me after I had x-rays done in order to talk to my doctor for the results of his findings. Is any of this illegal? I did NOT invite,nor ask my foreman to go in with me to see the doctor!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: It is not illegal, but quite inappropriate. Your employer has no right to interfere with your medical treatment. The foreman had no right to go into the examination room with you or to speak with your doctor about the result of his findings. That is a private information. You should have asked the foreman not to come into the room with you or ask the doctor questions. Since you did not do this, the doctor wrongly assumed that you wanted the foreman to be in the room with you and ask questions on your behalf.

I hope you filed an accident report. If you have not done so, you need to do it to protect your rights. For more information, click here.