LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

In 2005 Our company allowed us to have an un-matching 401k

Customer Question

In 2005 Our company allowed us to have an un-matching 401k program. The employee were allow to add money to their 401 accounts for eight years. In 2008 we became union, we were still allow to have our 401k programs at that time. Six months ago the company stop allowing the employees to add to their 401 accounts. They said it was because we have a retirement plan with the union. They claim they made a mistake for letting us have 401k and the union's retirement.

Now, we can't add to the 401k and can't take the money out of the account, unless we are fired or quit. Can they do this?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

WAITING

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXXXXXX XXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator