LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I have a pension from PBGC (Circuit City) for over 20 years

Customer Question

I have a pension from PBGC (Circuit City) for over 20 years of work, and because I have been disabled since December 2006, I sent in an appeal letter to request that my pension payments begin now or retroactively rather than upon my reaching age 55 on 11/22/2019.
I received a response from PBGC/Benefits Admin & Payment Dept that says, "The Retirement Plan of Circuit City Stores, Inc. does not permit an employee to retire earlier than age 55, regardless of disability status." Is this truly the case??? Currently I qualify and have qualified since 12/2006 for permanent disability and I receive Social Security benefits as well as some other benefits from AETNA through Circuit City.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,