Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

Hello, i tried to purchase the new minimum wage poster for

Hello, i tried to purchase the new minimum wage poster for California today since it just recently went up to $10.00, and was notified that it is not out yet. I was also told it is not mandatory to have up in your offices until July of 2014. Can you please confirm this is correct? Thank You!

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The new bill passed by the CA legislature will boost minimum wage up to $9/hr starting July 1, 2014 and then to $10/hr on Jan. 1, 2016.

Employers need not put up posters indicating the new rates until they actually go into effect, which as you were correctly told, will not begin until July of next year. The posters are not yet available for purchase because the new law was just passed a couple weeks ago.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes and kindest regards.