socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I am the former employee denied UIB for the reason of Gross

I am the former employee denied UIB for the reason of Gross Misconduct - even though EDD did not allow me to tell my side of the story. I had asked to reschedule the interview the day prior and gave a valid reason that was cited in their own letter. When I filed the appeal, proof was sent that I had rescheduled in time. While I still await a scheduled evidentiary hearing with ALJ, I am wondering if I was incorrectly denied on a procedural basis, since they decided to deny me without hearing me.

Hello again.

The EDD investigators make their determination based upon whatever information they choose to collect and consider. You're not denied anything, because your due process rights are protected by the ALJ hearing -- where the real decision is made.

Hope this helps.