LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I keep sending a question about the EDD and nothing happens.

Customer Question

I keep sending a question about the EDD and nothing happens. Are you there?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Brandon, Esq. :

Hello, my name is Brandon and it will be my pleasure to assist you today. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Are you online with me today?

Brandon, Esq. :

Unfortunately, the website has not posted your question about the EDD.

Brandon, Esq. :

However, if you would like to inform me what you would like to ask, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Customer : My personal bank account has a levy from the EDD, for a business I owned from 1988-2007. They say I owe taxes from 1994! I paid all my taxes and have never received any notices. This levy was a total surprise. When I try to call, they just say that I owe, and they have sent many notices. I have no records as far back as 1994. Is there anything to do?
Brandon, Esq. :

So they have a judgment against you?

Brandon, Esq. :

something i slightly off here. The IRS deals with recouping taxes. The EDD deals with recouping unemployment paid incorrectly

Brandon, Esq. :

unless they have a particular judgement date for state taxes owed

Brandon, Esq. :

Is that what occurred here?

Customer : They gave me different quarters of different years, starting with 1994. Much of it is penalty and interest. There is nothing called a judgment, if that means anything. They just say that I didn't respond to their notices. I have it written down, but I have to get it.
Customer : It's payroll taxes or failure to file.
Brandon, Esq. :

I am terribly sorry. I am not familiar with this exact situation. I will go ahead and opt out in case another expert is more familiar with this exact set of fact. In the meantime I will try to research the situation for you, and if I find your answer, I will opt back in.

Customer : Ok. Do I need to explain this again to somebody else?
Brandon, Esq. :

No they will be able to see our chat together

Brandon, Esq. :

Once I opt out, however, please do not respond as it will shoot the question back to me taking out of the queue for other experts.

Brandon, Esq. :

Do you have any other questions on how it works before I opt out?

Brandon, Esq. :

Okay I will opt out now

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have no more info than I did yesterday. I know this question is difficult, so if nobody can answer, just close.
Thanks

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I can't rate Brandon. He was nice, but I still don't have any answers.
Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator