KUMI95
KUMI95, Attorney
Experience:  12 years attorney experience, Handled numerous landlord tenant issues in NYC and NY state
16356563

My boss witnessed a coworker threaten to harm me both of them

Customer Question

My boss witnessed a coworker threaten to harm me both of them are supposed to be a friend of mine
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  KUMI95 replied 11 months ago.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello and welcome. My name is Wallstreetfighter I am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

wallstreetfighter :

Did they harass or threaten you due to your race, gender, age, or place of birth?

wallstreetfighter :

How many employees does the company have?

Customer :

over 200

wallstreetfighter :

If you feel harassed and bullied due to your race,gender, age, or other civil right,

wallstreetfighter :

that is against the law, and you can file a state discrimination case against the employer.

Customer :

No. We were out drinking as friends. we are the same race. I believe that they may be jealous of me for some reason.

wallstreetfighter :

If you were threatened with violence, you should contact the police, and file a claim,

Customer :

If she said she wants to " beat my ass" i should call the police?

wallstreetfighter :

if you feel she intended to,

wallstreetfighter :

yes,

wallstreetfighter :

If you do not feel it was real, it would not rise to the level of a criminal threat,

Customer :

ok. Thank you

wallstreetfighter :

However, you should send a letter to your HR or employer

wallstreetfighter :

and advise them of the incident, and that you feel threatened by her actions,

wallstreetfighter :

and you wish they will speak to her about the matter, or you will have no other option but to file a criminal complaint.

wallstreetfighter :

If the employer fails to act,

wallstreetfighter :

and you are injured by her,

wallstreetfighter :

you may have a valid lawsuit against the employer.

wallstreetfighter :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback,

wallstreetfighter :

thank you

Expert:  KUMI95 replied 11 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  KUMI95 replied 11 months ago.

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback,