Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.

is it legal for an employee to get 8 hour holiday pay when

is it legal for an employee to get 8 hour holiday pay when they were reduced to 2 to 3 hours a day

Brandon, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Are you online with me today?

Brandon, Esq. :

Welcome to the chat

Brandon, Esq. :

Utah labor law does not require an employer to provide benefits to its employees. If an employer does establish a policy or practice of providing benefits they are expected to abide by the policy or practice in a non-discriminatory manner. However, they are allowed to implement that policy in any way they see fit. Thus, it is completely legal for an employee to get 8 hour holiday pay if that is what the employer wants to do.

Brandon, Esq. :

Does that make sense?

o.k. thanks appreciate the help! yes it does I guess my son is going to quit his job after 4 years.