Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

IN EMERGENCY ROOM LAST SUN. FOR 12HRS,GET NOTE FORM DOC. TOLD

IN EMERGENCY ROOM LAST SUN. FOR 12HRS,GET NOTE FROM DOC. TOLD TO FOLLOW UP WITH MY PRIMARY DOC. IN 2 TO 3 DAYS...GOT APPT FOR WED AT 2:15 PM. BUT TODAY MY WORK CALLED ME ASKING ALL KINDS OF QUESTIONS. THAT THEY DID NOT UNSTAND THE NOTE FROM THE ER...? I CALLED THEY BACK AND TOLD THEM GOING TO MY PRIMARY DOC AT 2:15 PM ON WED...I THINK THERE UP TO NOGOOD....IF I HAVE DOCTORS NOTES IAM I SAFE...

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Can you tell whether you're an at-will employee or not?

Also, can you tell me how many employees your employer has?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

at will ? 200 employees

Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
Hello Terry,

You would be protected by your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act from termination for your need to go to the emergency room.

The Family Medical Leave Act gives you up to 12 weeks of protected leave for the treatment of a serious illness or health condition.

It has a special provision that protects you in the case of emergencies, when you (obviously) do not have the time to request leave in advance.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work. (It is necessary for you to rate my answer even though you’ve made a deposit or are a subscriber. I only receive compensation for my work if you rate me positively. Otherwise, I do not receive anything for assisting you. Thanks!)

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management