Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I have a question regarding the attached documents. I have

Customer Question

Attachment: 2013-09-10_013850_kenkrall061.pdf

Attachment: 2013-09-10_013955_kenkrall063.pdf

I have a question regarding the attached documents. I have been researching these documents that I had requested from the City of Petaluma in reference to the Owner Participation Agreement between the Petaluma Community Development Commission and LOK Petaluma Marina Hotel Plan dated April 17, 2001 1) KenKrall061 is from pages 19 and 20 of that agreement. 2) KenKrall063 is the First Amendment to that agreement. I was hoping you could clarify the meaning of paragraph 3 and 4 of the First Amendment Most importantly is section 314.3, stating minimum wages of 10 and 11 dollars per hour. How does this First Amendment effect this? What exactly does "shall be of no force or effect" mean? Many employees, tipped and non-tipped receive far less than $10/hour. Did voting the Local 2850 in cancel section 314.3? Thank you very much,

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.

The documents that you attached were scanned in upside down. Could you please re-scan them for me.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Attachment: 2013-09-10_022146_kenkrall064.pdf

Attachment: 2013-09-10_022208_kenkrall065.pdf

I am not sure what happened but I was asked to enter my credit card info again for another $44 charge. New docs are attached

Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
You accidentally posted a new question, but I sent it to customer service to process a refund for you.

I'll review and get back to you shortly.
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.

The amendment makes the section not apply to any union members, since the meaning 'no force and effect' means that it is non-applicable.

Instead, the collective bargaining agreement with the union and any memoranda of understanding would apply.

So, essentially, voting in the union did cancel section 314.3 for union members.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service and the very generous bonus! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question or you can ask a question directly to me through my URL here:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-joepatterson/

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,

Joseph