Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

Our book states that direct marketers and their customers usually

Our book states that direct marketers and their customers usually enjoy mutually rewarding relations. However sometimes the following emerges:
1) Irritation
2) Unfairness
3) Deception and Fraud
4) Invasion of Privacy

For me I usually feel one of the four above more often than not. Usually the mailbox if full of junk and random calls usually ending with the person on the other end being rude because you are not interested. Anyone else has the same experiences?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
(Intro)
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Do you have a particular legal question regarding the above or are you just looking for my opinion regarding feeling one of the four above more often than the others?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Just looking for your opinion in a 150 words response or more

Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
Hello Randolph,

My response is below:

Yes, I too have experienced all of the above in my dealings with direct marketers. There are feelings of irritation and frustration that come up when you check your personal email and see that you have been bombarded with unsolicited messages wanting to see you some miracle pill to make you feel younger and increase your sexual prowess.

Additionally, fraud and deception come up with direct marketers, since they will only state in the very fine print that their statements have actually not been evaluated by the food and drug administration and none of the claims that have been make have been verified by any type of scientific study.

Your privacy also feels very violated when you receive marketing calls on your private cell number when you only give the number out to friends and family. Callers are even worse than emails too, since many will call up representing that you have 'won' something or to give you a free offer, when you've only won the chance to pay for the product and the 'free' offer is tied to a monetary commitment.

Finally, deals can be unfair, since many direct markets focus on consumers with less knowledge than others.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management