How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed for state disabilities and they said I had no money

This answer was rated:

I filed for state disabilities and they said I had no money to draw from pryer quarters
because i was in a work-mans comp settlement, and the money was suppose to be paid back by the insurance company i received my settlement from. I was told that the insurance company has not yet paid back the state which was part of the arrangement of the settlement and which the state required if a settlement had been reached, which it was and I receive money but i was told by the state that the insurance company has yet to pay them. So now can they go back to other quarters from which I worked? I have not received any disabilities payments in the last 9months and I filed 4 months ago. What are my opinions? Thank you for your time

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i hope you can tell me my optiolns or state disabilty rules that would allow me to collect disabilty

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you refer me a laywler for disabilty in the los angles area



JustAnswer's terms of service does not allow us to provide a referral to a specific law firm or lawyer. To find a disability lawyer in your area, contact a referral service such as the California Bar Association's Lawyer Referral service, or a commercial service such as These are places where lawyers themselves go to find a lawyer when they need to consult with someone in a location other than their own.

I'm afraid that you cannot collect state disability and workers' compensation for the same injury.

If you collect workers' compensation it is because your injury was caused by work.

Disability is limited to injuries/conditions NOT caused by work. So it's actually illegal to receive both.

You may be able to receive unemployment benefits, but only if you are ready and able to return to work.

If you are disabled, you should file for social security disability benefits.
Joseph, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not answering the questio about insurace co/ or state disability i wish there were facts they can support the actions i need to take orwhat am not able to do a clear veiw of what questions i have no eaucation this is why lfacts laws cases studyes are vert inportant can any give me this on e persons true may not mean nothing when you deal with law are laws whichare twist by layweres

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i get a answer that is facts or procee of what rights or what options exist under these cirustances, or maybe some case studies that wounld be helpful thank you

Related California Employment Law Questions