Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

I believe my boss is a bully and misogynistic. I have had others

I believe my boss is a bully and misogynistic. I have had others come to me with the same concern. I have spoken to them about it, encouraged them to seek solution with our employer. I sought another job and at an exit interview, to find out why I left, I told HR why. I think my boss might loos his job. can he sue me for defamation of character?
Hello and thank you for your question today. To be able to bring a lawsuit against you for defamation, your boss would have to prove that you made a "false statement of fact" about him. Being a bully, or being misogynistic are statements of opinion and not fact. You would have to give a specific example of something, which would be false, for what you said to be actionable. Even if this did occur, the statement must be false. If whatever statement you made was true, then your boss would not prevail in any lawsuit against you.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.