LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Joseph,Do you know of a website that lists employee-litigants

Customer Question

Joseph,

Do you know of a website that lists employee-litigants that a future employer might access that would potentially spook that employer?

This is the 5th time this litigant has sued and we'd like to use this info as we attempt to settle this case.

Thx Geoff
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Hello Geoff,

Please rate my first answer positively so I get credit (paid for my work) and I will be happy to answer this question for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am not in the mood (given this suit) for rating anybody at this time...that is not what I signed up for here...I signed up to get quality answers to my legal questions and to pay for them....are you telling me that I must rate you in order for you to get paid?...if that is so that is not appropriate...rating a service should be optional not required...finally, no one mentioned that I had to rate your advice to use this service...if I made the decision to ask another question than I must have been please with the quality of you answer even though I was not pleased with your answer as it doesn't help our case at all.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Hello Geoff,

You need to rate me positively so I get paid for my work. (It's not that hard to do). Otherwise I receive nothing. That is how this system works. All answers cannot be good news too, I'm afraid, as I mentioned previously.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but lawyers need to eat too, and the only money I get here is from positive ratings to my answers.

I will opt out to see if someone else wants to take this question, although it's doubtful if you're saying you're not going to rate them.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I will give you a 10 rating although I will say again that I think this requirement is inappropriate.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
I need you to go to the question and rate it positively (excellent preferably). (The customer satisfaction scores are optional as they should be). Please note that I have no control how JustAnswer chooses to conduct its system, and there was much discussion of the rating of legal answers being appropriate or not.

It used to be acceptance based, but now it is rating based.

Here's a link to your previous question:

http://www.justanswer.com/ca-employment-law/7yidi-hello-first-please-assure-discussions-will.html

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I cannot find your Survey...please send me a link.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
It is just the answer to the question that I need you to rate. It is not a survey.

When you go to the question you should have that option.

Otherwise, please contact customer service, or write in the question that you want to rate me excellent, so they can process a 'manual' accept.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please answer the question that I initially asked above....please consult with your colleagues should you not happen to know yourself.

Thank you,

Geoff
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Geoff,

You still never rated my previous answer positively. I need you to do so so I can get credit (paid) for my work. If not I get NOTHING for assisting you.

Please go to the question or contact customer service, and I'll be happy to address this question for you.

If not, I'll opt out to see if another expert will take it. (I have a policy of not answering questions if I don't get a positive rating, i.e. paid, by a customer. It's a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me kind of policy).

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I filled out your survey yesterday....joe....this situation is not my damn fault....don't you get that get that I'm just trying to get an answer to my question ?

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
It's not a survey, as I mentioned before. It's a rating on the question page. Pleas contact customer service so I get paid. I understand, but I don't work for free.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are a complete jerk....we are done.
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
I don't understand why wanting to get paid for my work makes me a jerk, Geoff, but thank you for insulting me on top of not paying for my work.

You seem like a great guy yourself.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Other.

Thx Geoff