Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I suspect one of the woman in our office is breaking furniture

I suspect one of the woman in our office is breaking furniture on purpose. Someone pulled all the screws out of a work station so it fell apart. It was fixed and the same thing happened the next day. Both times coworkers were lucky they weren't hurt. I suspect I know who it is, but I have no proof. (She does this when she's alone in the office.). How can we stop her before someone gets hurt?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unfortunately, since you only have suspicions of your co-worker's activities, and lack evidence to support them, you are not in a position where you can force your employer to take any action at all against the employee.

If you or another co-worker actually observed the employee dismantling furniture, I'm sure your employer would be willing and interested in taking action, as it is probably even more concerned about workplace injuries than you are, but I'm afraid that the employer would likely be considered to be on a 'witch hunt' if it accused an employee of this based on your suspicion alone.

I realize the above information is not what you wanted to hear and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.
Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work. (If I don’t receive a positive rating, I get nothing for assisting you, as I only receive payment for questions with positive ratings. Even if you made a deposit, it is still necessary to rate me positively for me to receive payment from your question).

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management