Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

i have approved fmla for 5 weeks and want to extend it two

i have approved fmla for 5 weeks and want to extend it two more weeks. i am supposed to be back tomorrow. how can i extend it for 2 more weeks ?
without going back tomorrow..
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Can you tell me if you've only used these five weeks of FMLA leave in the past year?

Have you contacted your employer (HR) previously to request an extension of your FMLA leave?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello sir,

I have only taken 5 weeks this year. My doctors filled out forms for me to come back on 9/03. I feel I am not ready and wanted additional 2 weeks. I intend to contact hr tomorrow, do I need to contact my doctor to approve the 2 weeks..

Thanks
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.

You are eligible for up to 12 weeks of FMLA leave per year, so you will not have any problem extending your leave for an additional two weeks.

You should contact HR as early as possible tomorrow to tell them that you are requesting an extension of two weeks of your FMLA leave (perhaps even send them an email tonight to make sure they get it first thing).

I would definitely suggest you contact your doctor to request that he approve the leave, since your company may want to verify that you are unable to work and could contact your doctor to request verification that you are unable to return to work for another two weeks.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get paid for my work. (If I don’t receive a positive rating, I get nothing for assisting you, as I only receive payment for questions with positive ratings. Even if you made a deposit, it is still necessary to rate me positively for me to receive payment from your question).

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks joseph, I will rate your excellent service.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Joseph

Sorry I meant to rate you highest.. Since I am on my phone I didnt see the extreme right side icon.

Let me know if I can redo if necessary
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Marj,

I'll ask JustAnswer to take care of it.

Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Hello Marj,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly in California Employment Law.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,

Joseph
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks joseph.. I will rate you 10
Expert:  Joseph replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Marj,

Again, happy to help and best of luck!