Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I got approved for unemployment about 2 weeks ago. I got my

I got approved for unemployment about 2 weeks ago. I got my EDD card and have received my first payment on it. Today, I get a letter saying I have a telephone interview in a weeks time. On the back the questions I need to be ready for are:

During the interview you may be asked some of the following questions:

Not mailing your claim form within the required time limits.
When did you mail your claim form?
Why did you send it in after the return date shown on the form?\

I am confused what this is for since I am already approved. I'm scared and don't want my unemployment taking away because of a mistake i might have made. What do you know about this and what do you recommend me doing. The call is on august 28th.

Thanks
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Have you been sending in your claim forms that come with the payments you received. (Your first payment would have come with a claim form.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have sent in several claim forms. But, they sent me two claim forms for 2 months ago but the date I received them was past the date they said I should send them in. So I'm not sure if they sent them late or if the postal service delayed a lot but other than that I have sent them in.

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Blake,

They certainly aren't going to take away your unemployment benefits, so you don't have anything to worry about in that regards.

They just want to make sure that you're getting the forms and that you're sending them in on a regular basis.

On a personal note, this happened to me once when I was on unemployment a few years ago. It may cause a slight delay in you receiving benefits or new claim forms, but you will receive the same amount that you would have received otherwise.

Even if you receive claim forms late, make sure to send them in as soon as possible in order to avoid any possible delays in receiving your benefits and to prevent EDD scheduling any more of these needless interviews for you.

But, all in all, you have nothing to worry about, other than dealing with EDD ubreaucracy and experiencing slightly delays in receiving your benefits.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions.

Thanks and best of luck!
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Blake,

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions regarding the above information.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management