Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

After moving duty stations my wife who is a senior pharmacy

After moving duty stations my wife who is a senior pharmacy tech a Walgreens transferred to a store near me which was in a different state. Due to it being a different state she had to get certified in that state which she did but when she transferred her new boss said that once she got re-certified here she would receive the pay that she was getting previously. She is now fully certified and was informed that she will not be receiving her original pay but less, is this illegal or is it legal and they're just nickel and dining their workers? -sully USN
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's situation and hope I can help.

Unfortunately, while unethical and wrong, this conduct is completely legal.

As an at-will employee, your wife's employer, Walgreens can change the terms and conditions of her employment at any time for any reason with or without any prior notice, and can decide to cut her pay without a valid reason, as they are doing here.

I'm afraid that this nickel and dimeing of their workers is completely legal, while it is definitely wrong and unethical.

I realize the above information is not what you wanted to hear and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Thanks and best of luck!