Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

New Question. Thanks for the answer. In this case the Judge

New Question. Thanks for the answer. In this case the Judge will have to OK the commutation; and I agree if I were the Judge I would want to hold back also. But here is my fear; if I get the commutation; am I in any way agreeing to the Award that I am Petitioning for Reconsideration?
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I need an answer; and I will take an educated guess.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Hello Michael,

There is no law that specifically states that if you do request a commutation, that you are unable to appeal the amount of your award.

However, as I mentioned before, as a practical matter, the judge may be unwilling to accept your commutation unless you withdraw your request to redetermine the amount of the award.

I would definitely suggest that you ask the judge before you get approval on the commutation to ensure that the judge wouldn't take it upon him or herself to deny the reconsideration of your award on that basis.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management