Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My mom got injured at work. She started working for a staffing

Customer Question

My mom got injured at work. She started working for a staffing agency(primeskill staffing) and on her her first day she got hurt ,possibly dislocating a disc. MRI is scheduled for next week. She's hurting right now and can barely sleep from the pain. The staffing agency offer her a job working in the office for now. My question is should she take the offer ? Will that affect her if she is indeed hurt and unable to work in the long run.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

I need a bit more information before I can assist you.

Can you tell me if your mom has received a doctor's note that she would be okay to do office work?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

She has a doctor note restricting her from lifting 2 pound no bending or twisting. On the note also it states she's able to return to work with restrictions. This was the doctor that the company sent her to.

Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
No, that wouldn't negatively affect her ability to claim permanent disability if it turns out she is unable to work at all.

Not lifting two pounds is definitely a high restriction, so I'd only hope that she not possibly re-aggravate the injury while working.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Reason she got hurt was because they were doing construction in the factory, there was a hole in the ground that she didn't see n fell Into it. Is she able to hire an attorney and sue???

Expert:  Joseph replied 11 months ago.
Hello Jose,

Yes, she should find a workers' compensation attorney and file a workers' compensation claim against her employer. Even though the employer was obviously negligent here, since it occurred during employment, it's covered by workers' compensation.