LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

my work environment turned into a hostile environment ever since

Customer Question

my work environment turned into a hostile environment ever since I complained about a couple of work issues. My immediate supervisor who is also the son of the owner, has created an intimidating atmosphere. I complained again and I was sent home yesterday and was told to come in late in the morning today. I think I am being fired. PLEASE HELP. I can not afford loosing my job. I do not feel well. I am at the verge of passing out I feel weak. PLEASE HELP.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need some additional information before I can provide you with a complete and thorough answer.

Can you tell me if you believe that your work environment due to discrimination against you based on a protected characteristic (race, sex, gender, national origin, or ethnicity)?

Also, can you tell me the nature of the issues that you complained about to your employer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joseph,

I have decided to research this matter a little further before I use legal advise.

I believe I owe the deposit and not the actual fee at this time. I appreciate your confirmation on that.

Thank you.

Susan

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

Hello Susan, You could get a refund on the deposit as well. Will you have a question for me later on, or are you planning on researching the issue your own entirely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joseph,

I plan to hold on any (legal)action and for now just document all that happened last week. I complained about legitimate work issues.. all work and professional and suddenly I found my self in meeting with HR and GM!! I was scared to death. I went through a huge stress that I need to back out and regain my health. I prefer I can move on and be able to keep my job. Now after researching on line , I found there are laws and labor rights that was good information. So I will document everything before and going forward and just try to move on without being in trouble.

Thank you so much,

I will contact you , should things go in the direction that I don't want to.

Kind regards,

Susan

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Susan,
,
I'll contact customer service to process a refund. Best of luck!