LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I just asked the wrong lawyer about my question. The question

I just asked the wrong lawyer about my question. The question is: what is the actual cost of an employee that earns 10 dollars per hour in Santa monica, CA?

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today Cristiano.

As a general rule, business owners should to expect an employee to cost an additional 25% to 30% on top of base salary each year. Medicare/social adds 15.3%, workers compensation about 6% and unemployment another 3% to 6% of the first $7,000 in wages each year. If you add in a health care policy yearend bonus and paid vacation, the percentage cost can easily go up to 40%.

So, the average employee making $10.00 an hour in Santa Monica, CA, costs the employer between $12.50 and $14.00 per hour.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Cristiano . It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.