LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have an Scorp. I lost my only client/contract. I will be

I have an Scorp. I lost my only client/contract. I will be paying the company out of personal funds for benefits such as health and disability. Does the Scorp have to worry about COBRA? I am the only officer and employee.  Scorp is an Virginia corporation.

Good afternoon Lynn,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, you don’t have anything to worry about. The COBRA regulations don apply to companies with less than 20 employees. A single person company like yours has no COBRA responsibilities.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Lynn . It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.