LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I was terminated from my job for discrimination and retaliation.

Customer Question

I was terminated from my job for discrimination and retaliation. Had an excellent review, but then a Filipino nurse who couldn't pass her basic knowledge exam became tremendously insecure and looked for ways to get rid of me. I was supervising 90 per cent Filipino nurses. I have witnesses who say that I was wrongfully terminated. On top of that, I approached my supervisor for what was happening. It was retaliatory in many ways. I did go to the EEOC and received my letter to sue. I lost a $200 k job and I am 52 years old. Finding a job has been difficult. Already it's been 5 months. I need an attorney who can take my case on contingency. I live in so. California.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Can you tell me if you had an employment contract or if you were an at-will employee?

Also, can you tell me if you believe that your age was a factor in your employer deciding to terminate your position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I was not under contract. The hospital I worked at was a non union facility. Unfortunately it was pure racial discrimination according to the EEOC and many other contract employees. They now have tainted me and I can't find work. They apparently go through informal channels, and they know I am out for a lawsuit to carry me to what would be retirement age. I am not sure if age was a discriminating factor, so I didn't list it. It appears to be mor of retaliation and the fact that I am Caucasion on a primarily Filipino nurses unit. Those I have worked with said I was given a dirty deal because of my education andolusia for what I did. They said generally that I made them look bad. Now I am the one without work and I just need to turn to someone who will help me in civilaw as well as federal.
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Deborah,

JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers, but I'd be happy to answer any question you have regarding your situation.

Please let me know what question you have regarding your situation.