LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I missed important days at work due to a personal crisis and am in dan

Customer Question

I missed important days at work due to a personal crisis and am in danger of being fired-- no smpathy from work. What are my options to keep my job?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 3 years ago.

Did you miss at least four days of work?

Does your employer have more than 50 employees located within 75 miles of your place of work?

Have you worked for at least 12 months and 1,250 hours for the employer?

Is your personal crisis related to your mental or physical health or because of the need to care for a spouse or child?

Note: If you cannot answer "yes," to all of the above questions, then you have no recourse other than to beg your employer for forgiveness. In which case, let me know and I will send your question to customer service for a refund of your deposit.

Just let me know, one way or the other. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I can't answer yes to all of those questions. Thank you for helping issue a refund. I appreciate your assistance...