LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Im a black female in the San Francisco area who recently got

Customer Question

I'm a black female in the San Francisco area who recently got terminated for reporting racist remarks towards blacks and minorities. I also reported a coworker who spread rumors about me sleeping around. I have two great evaluations over the past two years I've been with the company. I was only told that "things were just not working out" at this point and that the company believed we should each go our separate ways. I talked to a lawyer and was told I have a good case for wrongful termination. The thing is I now remember I lied on my job application and resume two years ago. My former employer didn't know this at the time of firing me, but I'm afraid this might hurt my chance of suing them.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the substance of the false statement?
2. How long ago were you terminated?
3. Have you filed any formal complaints yet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This conversation is private is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, this is taking a long time now..

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I was running a few errands. I generally work 7 days a week and so I am occasionally gone from my computer. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

This communication is not private and there is no attorney client privilege. Neither do I, nor can I, represent you. These are the rules of the JustAnswer site.

I do however have nearly 30 years of litigation experience and have represented many CA employees in discrimination cases against their employers. After the conversation is over, and you have had an opportunity to rate me, I can ask customer service to lock this thread so it will no longer be visible.

I will need the information that I asked about though.