LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I put a months notice in before I resigned and the company

Customer Question

I put a month's notice in before I resigned and the company forced me to resign a few days later. Am i entitled to the month's salary?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

I have a few questions for you before I can give you a complete and thorough answer to your question.

By 'force you to resign' do you mean that the company terminated your employment?

Also, can you tell me if you had an employment contract with your employer or were you an 'at-will' employee?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe im an at-will employee, not sure though. on Monday I gave Pepsico a Verbal Month's warning, and on Thursday they tried to Force me to resign immediately but I refused and they sent me home. They will try it again and if I dont oblige then they will terminate me. All of this because I am leaving for a competitor! What are my options? thanks for the feedback!!