Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.

California light manufacturing assembly company needs an offer

California light manufacturing assembly company needs an offer letter form. Is there a good one available on the web?
Thank you!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

There are many good offer letter forms on the internet, however, the key component is that there is an offer, supported by consideration, with all of the terms laid out. Here is a sample that you may find useful. Keep in mind that an offer letter, to be most effective, sets out the requirements of an offer, while still giving you an out, in case one is needed. If you need any other help regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to ask.

Acme Technical Enterprises
P.O. Box 123 • Any City • California • 00000
Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
July 30, 2013

John Q. Public
123 Any Street
Any City, 00000

Dear XXXXX Q. Public:

JOB OFFER

Acme Technical Enterprises, Inc. is pleased to offer you a job as a Senior Engineer. We trust that your knowledge, skills and experience will be among our most valuable assets.

Should you accept this job offer, per company policy you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date.

1. Salary: Annual gross starting salary of $63,500, paid in biweekly installments by your choice of check or direct deposit

2. Performance Bonuses: Up to three percent of your annual gross salary, paid quarterly by your choice of check or direct deposit

3. Stock Options: 500 Acme stock options in your first year, fully vested in four years at the rate of 125 shares per year

4.Benefits: Standard, Acme-provided benefits for salaried-exempt employees, including the following:

401(k) retirement account
Annual stock options
Child daycare assistance
Education assistance
Health, dental, life and disability insurance
Profit sharing
Sick leave
Vacation and personal days

To accept this job offer:

Sign and date this job offer letter where indicated below.
Sign and date the enclosed Non-Compete Agreement where indicated.
Sign and date the enclosed Confidentiality Agreement where indicated.
Sign and date the enclosed At-Will Employment Confirmation where indicated.
Mail all pages of the signed and dated documents listed above back to us in the enclosed business-reply envelope, to arrive by Thursday, March 17, 200x. A copy of each document is enclosed for your records.
Attend new-hire orientation on Monday, March 21, 200x, beginning at 8:00 AM sharp.

To decline this job offer:

Mail all pages of this job offer letter back to us in the enclosed business-reply envelope, to arrive by Thursday, March 17, 200x.

If you accept this job offer, your hire date will be on the day that you attend new-hire orientation. Plan to work for the remainder of the business day after new-hire orientation ends. Please read the enclosed new-hire package for complete, new-hire instructions and more information about the benefits that Acme offers.

We at Acme hope that you'll accept this job offer and look forward to welcoming you aboard. Your immediate supervisor will be Jane Doe, Department Manager, Engineering. Feel free to call Jane or me if you have questions or concerns. Call the main number in the letterhead above during normal business hours and ask to speak to either of us.

Sincerely,

[Signature]

XXXXX XXXXX
Hiring Coordinator, Human Resources

Enclosures: 8

Accept Job Offer
By signing and dating this letter below, I, John Q. Public, accept this job offer of Senior Engineer by Acme Technical Enterprises.

Signature:_________________________________ Date:_____________

Decline Job Offer
By signing and dating this letter below, I, John Q. Public, decline this job offer of Senior Engineer by Acme Technical Enterprises.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

excellent! Do you practice in California? I believe there may be some California specific language that can be helpful??!!

I do practice in California. The specific language that you are likely talking about can be found in section 2810.5 of the Labor Code. This section specifically requires that at the time of hiring, an employer must provide each new, non-exempt employee with a written notice containing the following information:

1. The rate or rates of pay and basis thereof, whether paid by the hour, shift, day, week, salary, piece, commission or otherwise, including any rates for overtime, as applicable.
2. Allowances, if any, claimed as part of the minimum wage, including meal or lodging allowances.
3. The regular payday designated by the employer in accordance with the requirements of the Labor Code.
4. The name of the employer, including any “DBA” names used by the employer.
5. The physical address of the employer’s main office or principal place of business, and a mailing address, if different.
6. The telephone number of the employer.
7. The name, address and telephone number of the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier

Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.